Please follow these steps to install the design:
- Install the latest version of WordPress
- Upload the latest version of the Genesis theme framework
- Upload the latest version of Dynamik Website Builder
- Extract the .zip folder on your desktop (the file you downloaded), you should now be left with: an “assets” folder, a .dat file and a .zip file
- In the WP admin area, go to Genesis > Dynamik Settings > Import/Export
- In the Import Settings/Custom Options section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .dat file
- Click the Import Custom Options button (this imports in the custom CSS, hookboxes, etc… now it’s time to import the design)
- Go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Imp/Exp
- In the Dynamik Skin Import section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .zip file (it’s probably on your Desktop or Downloads folder)
- Then click Import Skin
- You are done
Included Photoshop files
When you extracted the zip onto your desktop there is a folder called ‘assets’ - this includes various professionally made graphics (in Photoshop .PSD format) that you can use in your site! Sweet deal huh?
The homepage feature area is a full height section with a gorgeous background image and over that is a centered logo, some text and two buttons! Keep reading to learn how to edit that section.
Change the background image
Changing the background image is simple because it’s tied into the default Dynamik Website Builder Images section. All you’ve gotta do is to create your background image with dimensions of 1300 x 867 and name it home-background.jpg (to speed things up, just use the home-background.psd Photoshop file which can be found in the /assets folder). Once created go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Images and overwrite the file that is there.
Change the content (logo, text, button, etc…)
The content of the feature box is entirely done in a Hook Box! Go to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes and find the Hook Box named homepage_feature, kinda like this:
see that html in the red dashed outline… that’s what you need to edit.
It’s pretty easy to understand, but incase you are not familiar with editing simple html here is a little map to help you!
Click to enlarge it.
Turning this section off
If you are not feeling this section and you want to remove it, here’s what you’ve gotta do…
1. Deactivate the hookbox by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes and find the Hook Box named homepage_feature, and dropdown the menu that currently says Hooked and choose Deactivate (incase you ever want to bring it back)
2. Go remove the CSS that is controlling that section by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > CSS, find the following lines and then delete them:
Editing the homepage is easy! Just follow these instructions
- Add a page to your WordPress Pages section and name it HOME
- To get the content looking the same as the demo, open the included assets folder and open the file named home-page-html.txt
- Copy all that HTML
- Paste it into the content area of the TEXT tab, like this:
- Scroll down a bit and choose the Full Width Content layout option, like this:
- Save the page
- Go to Settings > Reading
- In the Front page displays section, choose A static page and select HOME from the dropdown menu like this:
- Save your settings
Icons in navigation menu
Adding icons in your navigation menu is really simple! We created an entire tutorial showing you how to do it, click the following link: How to add icons to your menu navigation
The footer information (some links and a copyright) is controlled by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > footer. There you will find the HTML that displays in that area:
To deactivate this, just choose Deactivate from the Hooked drop down menu, like this: