Please follow these steps to install the design:
- Install the latest version of WordPress
- Upload the latest version of the Genesis theme framework
- Upload the latest version of Dynamik Website Builder
- Extract the .zip folder on your desktop (the file you downloaded), you should now be left with: an “assets” folder, a .dat file and a .zip file
- In the WP admin area, go to Genesis > Dynamik Settings > Import/Export
- In the Import Settings/Custom Options section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .dat file
- Click the Import Custom Options button (this imports in the custom CSS, hookboxes, etc… now it’s time to import the design)
- Go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Imp/Exp
- In the Dynamik Skin Import section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .zip file (it’s probably on your Desktop or Downloads folder)
- Then click Import Skin
- You are done
Included Photoshop files
When you extracted the zip onto your desktop there is a folder called ‘assets’ - this includes various professionally made graphics (in Photoshop .PSD format) that you can use in your site! Sweet deal huh?
The demo design uses Simple Responsive Slider. It’s a simple and free way to have a responsive image fill the entire browser width.
STEP 1 – Create Your Images
Create your banners images with a size of 1200 X 500, to save you some time (and to make it more awesome), use the banner.psd file that is in the assets folder (you downloaded this) – that file has all the layers and guides so you can make a grid just like the demo…. it just needs your content.
Save your final banner image as JPGs.
STEP 2 – Install Simple Responsive Slider
Login to your WP admin area and go to Plugins > Add New. Search for and install Simple Responsive Slider (see it here). Once activated, it’s now time to configure!
STEP 3 – Configure Simple Responsive Slider
The admin panel for Simple Responsive Slider can be found by going to Appearance > Simple Responsive Slider. Once there click on the Settings link at the top of the page and configure the settings like this:
STEP 4 – Add Your Image
Once the settings are configured click on the Slides link at the top of the page. Upload the image you made and give it a link (if needed).
Make sure you save your changes!
Don’t want to use Simple Responsive Slider?
If you don’t want to use this plugin in your site, you should go remove/replace the shortcode that makes it display on the homepage. To do this go to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > animation and remove the shortcode (or replace it with your banner shortcode), here:
Note: you can also just delete the entire hookbox (the Delete button on the right)
Editing the homepage is easy! Just follow these instructions
- Add a page to your WordPress Pages section and name it HOME
- To get the content looking the same as the demo, open the included assets folder and open the file named home-page-html.txt
- Copy all that HTML
- Paste it into the content area of the TEXT tab, like this:
- Scroll down a bit and choose the Full Width Content layout option, like this:
- Save the page
- Go to Settings > Reading
- In the Front page displays section, choose A static page and select HOME from the dropdown menu like this:
- Save your settings
Icons in navigation menu
Adding icons in your navigation menu is really simple! We created an entire tutorial showing you how to do it, click the following link: How to add icons to your menu navigation
The footer information (some links and a copyright) is controlled by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > footer. There you will find the HTML that displays in that area:
To deactivate this, just choose Deactivate from the Hooked drop down menu, like this: