Please follow these steps to install the design:
- Install the latest version of WordPress
- Upload the latest version of the Genesis theme framework
- Upload the latest version of Dynamik Website Builder
- Extract the .zip folder on your desktop (the file you downloaded), you should now be left with: an “assets” folder, a .dat file and a .zip file
- In the WP admin area, go to Genesis > Dynamik Settings > Import/Export
- In the Import Settings/Custom Options section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .dat file
- Click the Import Custom Options button (this imports in the custom CSS, hookboxes, etc… now it’s time to import the design)
- Go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Imp/Exp
- In the Dynamik Skin Import section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .zip file (it’s probably on your Desktop or Downloads folder)
- Then click Import Skin
- You are done
Included Photoshop files
When you extracted the zip onto your desktop there is a folder called ‘assets’ - this includes various professionally made graphics (in Photoshop .PSD format) that you can use in your site! Sweet deal huh?
The demo design uses Meta Slider. It’s a simple and free way to have multiple responsive image sliders on your website.
- Create Your Images – Create your banners images with a size of 1200 X 465 and save them as jpg’s
- Once the plugin is installed go to Meta Slider in the admin area
- Add your slides by clicking on the Add Slide button
- Once your slides are added, click the Nivo Slider button on the right, then scroll down and under Advanced Settings check the Stretch.
- Then click the Save button
- Once saved, scroll all the way down and find the box labeled Usage, copy that shortcode
- Now go to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > home_banner and replace the shortcode that is there with the shortcode you just copied
- Save your changes
Homepage Feature Area
The homepage feature area is a full width section with a dark background and 3 columns what have images in them… perfect for… you guessed it… featured projects/clients! Here’s how to setup/edit that area!
1) Go to Appearance > Widgets and find the widget named EZ Feature Top 1
2) Open the /assets folder (you downloaded this) and copy all the HTML that is in the file named html-ez-feature-top-1.txt
3) Go back to your widget area, drag a standard Text widget into that area and PASTE that code you copied and give it a title of Featured Projects. The end result should look something like this:
Click the blue Save button.
4) On the front end of your website it should not look like the demo. Good job!
5) To edit that section just take a look at the code and you’ll see column code and image src code, replace the demo image URLs with your image URLs.
Homepage Content (4 Blocks)
The homepage content is made up of 4 blocks of content. Two blocks of text, one image block and one Gravity Form. Each of those blocks are setup/edited in the Appearance > Widgets section. here is a guide to show you:
As an example if you were going to add a form in the same spot as the demo, you would put your form code in the widget area named EZ Home Bottom 1, does that make sense? Hope so!
Most of the boxes are pretty easy to understand and setup, but the bottom right box is kinda fancy with all those icons… but we’ve gotcha covered!
Open the /assets folder (you downloaded this) and find the file named html-ez-home-bottom-2.txt and copy and paste that code into a new text widget. Once setup, then customize those elements with your own.
In the footer area of every page is something unique… rotating testimonials! This provides a nice visual effect and it’s useful when trying to sell to new customers. Here’s how to setup/edit that area:
1) That section is powered by the free plugin Testimonial Rotator. Install that plugin in your website.
2) Once installed go to Testimonials and add and save a few Testimonials
3) Once saved, go to Testimonials > Rotators and add a Rotator (this holds your testimonials). Once you do that you’ll have a unique shortcode for that rotator.
4) Go to Appearance > Widgets > EZ Fat Footer 1, add in a text widget and paste in that shortcode and Save your changes!
The footer information (some links and a copyright) is controlled by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > footer. There you will find the HTML that displays in that area:
To deactivate this, just choose Deactivate from the Hooked drop down menu, like this: