Please follow these steps to install the design:
- Install the latest version of WordPress
- Upload the latest version of the Genesis theme framework
- Upload the latest version of Dynamik Website Builder
- Extract the .zip folder on your desktop (the file you downloaded), you should now be left with: an “assets” folder, a .dat file and a .zip file
- In the WP admin area, go to Genesis > Dynamik Settings > Import/Export
- In the Import Settings/Custom Options section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .dat file
- Click the Import Custom Options button (this imports in the custom CSS, hookboxes, etc… now it’s time to import the design)
- Go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Imp/Exp
- In the Dynamik Skin Import section, click the Choose File button and browse to the .zip file (it’s probably on your Desktop or Downloads folder)
- Then click Import Skin
- You are done
Included Photoshop files
When you extracted the zip onto your desktop there is a folder called ‘assets’ - this includes various professionally made graphics (in Photoshop .PSD format) that you can use in your site! Sweet deal huh?
Header Contact Information
At the top of all pages you’ll find a phone number, email address and a few links. This not only adds some visual eye candy but is also very useful for mobile site visitors as they have quick access to information at the top of every page. Here’s how to edit that area:
1) Go to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > before_header
2) There you will find the HTML that displays in that section. Below is a screenshot with the left side content and the right side content highlighted, make your changes there!
The design uses Simple Responsive Slider. It’s a simple and free way to have a responsive slider.
STEP 1 – Create Your Images
Create your banners images with a size of 1180 X 485, to save you some time (and to make it more awesome), use the banner1.psd and banner2.psd files that are in the assets folder (you downloaded this) – that file has all the layers and design elements…. it just needs your content.
Save your final banners image as JPGs.
STEP 2 – Install Simple Responsive Slider
Login to your WP admin area and go to Plugins > Add New. Search for and install Simple Responsive Slider (see it here). Once activated, it’s now time to configure!
STEP 3 – Configure Simple Responsive Slider
The admin panel for Simple Responsive Slider can be found by going to Appearance > Simple Responsive Slider. Once there click on the Settings link at the top of the page and configure the settings like this:
and then save your settings!
STEP 4 – Add Your Images
Once the settings are configured click on the Slides link at the top of the page. Upload the image you made and give each one a link (if needed).
Make sure you save your changes!
Don’t want to use Simple Responsive Slider?
If you don’t want to use this plugin in your site, you should go remove/replace the shortcode that makes it display on the homepage. To do this go to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > home_banner and remove the shortcode (or replace it with your banner shortcode), here:
Note: you can also just delete the entire hookbox (the Delete button on the right)
The homepage is created using Static Homepage EZ Widgets (top and bottom) so editing of the homepage is done in the Widgets area.
There are two files in the assets folder (you downloaded this) named html-ez-home-top-1.txt and html-ez-home-bottom-1.txt copy and paste the content of those files into their matching widgets areas, so html-ez-home-top-1.txt goes in EZ Home Top #1, etc… so the end result should look like this:
Use that HTML as a template to build to your website homepage!
EZ Fat Footer Widget
In this widget area are 4 boxes with various HTML (contact info, text, etc…)… this is useful for displaying 4 items on every page. Following the instructions below to setup/edit that area…
Go to Appearance > Widgets and find the widget area named EZ Fat Footer 1, EZ Fat Footer 2, EZ Fat Footer 3 and EZ Fat Footer 4 and add your HTML / widgets into those boxes and as always… sake sure you Save your changes!
The Valencia logo isn’t actually an image, it’s just stylized text! To change the logo text, simply go to Settings > General > Site Title and change the name there.
The footer information (some links and a copyright) is controlled by going to Genesis > Dynamik Custom > Hook Boxes > footer. There you will find the HTML that displays in that area:
To deactivate this, just choose Deactivate from the Hooked drop down menu, like this: