“Build a team of talented people which will allow you to focus on what you do best.” ~ Shane Walton
Shane is an entrepreneur, marketing genius, lover of hats and overall amazing guy. He and his wife own Green Vine Marketing which is a Denver, Colorado based digital marketing firm that they have been operating for about eight years. In those eight years the company has grown from a two person operation charging $200 per project to a thriving team of talented people and now charging a minimum of $5,000 per project.
We’ll delve into:
- What it’s like working with your significant other.
- The one killer app he (and his entire team) uses to run the business.
- The genius online form (and business process) he uses to generate an extra $15,000 in sales each month.
- How his business streamlines each project and gets the design “right” everytime.
- His daily morning routine (including his breakfast smoothie recipe)!
- Go back in time and learn about one of his first paying jobs.
- The most important thing that he thinks you should be focusing on.
- The best piece of advice he ever received.
- How he went from getting $200 per job to now only accepting jobs that start at $5,000.
- See what kind of computer gear he is using now (you’ll be surprised at this!)
- and a LOT more!
If you don’t have a lot of time, watch the 4 minute preview trailer HERE
If you’re ready to be blown away by Shane Walton, the entire 45 minute interview is below:
- Learn about the bizarre behavior of the former Myanmar president Ne Win
- Snag that sweet 50% off web hosting deal from HostGator
- Say hi to Shane over at Green Vine Marketing
- He uses Wunderlist to keep himself and his team in sync
- Here is a link to his actual morning Spotify playlist
- Making smoothies is awesome, my go-to smoothie maker is the this one
- Shane uses a Chromebook, here is a pretty cool one
- After the camera stopped recording, we actually had a great conversation about finding ways to close jobs quicker where he shared some great ideas. Hopefully Shane will came back for a “part two” and share more of his expertise with everybody!
This podcast is brought to you by the company that I’ve been using for web hosting since 2007, the great, the wonderful… HostGator. They have a hosting package specifically designed for WordPress sites and they’ll take 50% off the standard yearly fee.. all you gotta do it signup here.
You can also listen to this episode as an MP3 by clicking the play button below
You can also download this episode as an (48 MB) MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
All Blog Posts
Copy & Paste FAQ
Learn Gravity Forms Fast
Managing Your Server
Web Design Business
Web Design Inspiration
Web Design Tutorials