Each and every month web designers from around the world design gorgeous websites on behalf of their clients.
It takes a great deal of time and effort to be able to make a beautiful website… and we think that there is a lack of recognition for those hard efforts.
We want to change that.
We want to identify, celebrate and promote those talented people and while it’s one thing to be praised by the general public for your design skills, it’s a much bigger honor to be praised by other web designers.
Think you got what it takes? Keep reading.
Here’s How It Works
We like to keep things simple around here:
- SUBMIT: Towards the beginning of each month we’ll create a new post on WebDesignersAcademy.com asking web designers to submit a link to a beautiful website that they’ve created/launched.
- VOTE: After about a week of collecting submissions we’ll create a new post asking everyone to vote on their favorite.
- WIN: After about a week of collecting votes we’ll tally up the results and create a post announcing the winner.
To keep it from getting crazy, each designer/company is allowed only one submission per month – so bring your best work.
Submitting Your Work
The first step is to submit your work to be considered. That’s pretty easy, using the comments form simply add SUBMISSION: and the Name (URL) to the website you launched in the previous month and then add DESIGNER: and your name and/or company Name (URL) to your website right after that.
Kinda, like this:
That makes it very clear to know who is submitting what – no secrets, no shady business.
All About The Votes, ‘Bout The Votes (No Cheating)
Since voting will be a big part of this, here is how voting will work and a winner will be crowned:
- One vote per person per month
- The community votes will count for 70%
- Our votes will count for a combined 30% of the votes (15% Amy + 15% Ian)
- No cheating. No paying for votes.
Of course comments on the designs should follow the regular WDA Comments Policy (which is basically to be cool and helpful not mean and condescending… DBAJ knowwhatimean?).
Each month a new web designer is crowned the winner. Beating all other design submission means you’ve conquered the Internet for that month. You’ll also be able to:
- Use the winning emblem on your website and/or your client’s website (so everyone know how awesome you are)
- Be able to tell your client that their website won a design award (making you look awesome-er)
- And you’ll have a permanent link back to your website and forever be a part of WebDesginersAcademy.com
Note: If you ever find a someone using the emblem that didn’t win, let us know and we’ll send ninjas after them to get it back.
!! DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR DESIGNS BELOW !!
THIS PAGE IS JUST INFORMATION ABOUT THE AWARDS. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A POST EACH MONTH ASKING FOR SUBMISSIONS.
More Posts You Might Like
All Blog Posts
Copy & Paste FAQ
Learn Gravity Forms Fast
Managing Your Server
Web Design Business
Web Design Inspiration
Web Design Tutorials